Skowkale First Nation provides a number of programs and services in a variety of ways. Please see below for more information.
Skowkale operates the following within their own community:
- Homework Club for school-aged children (Monday-Thursday after school)
- Youth Outings
- Community Events
- Elders Monthly Gatherings
- Village Maintenance; includes water, sewer, garbage, roads, grounds
- Skowkale Fish Hatchery; volunteer run
- Members Donation/Support; policy driven, funding dependent
The Sto:lo Service Agency provides Skowkale members with numerous programs and services in a variety of areas:
- Education Programs and Services, from elementary to post-secondary.
- Health & Wellness Programs and Services
- Employment & Training Programs and Services
- Indian Registry Services
- Justice Programs and Services
For more information, please click here.
Skowkale Band-Owned lands are are leased through Skowkale Administration. However, all other lands services are handled through the S.A.Y. Lands Office. Services include:
- Land Registration
- Land Title
- Assistance with law development, monitoring & enforcement
- Environmental Management
- Individual land holdings & estate transfers
- Leasing - new, monitoring & compliance, permitting, allotments, transfers
- Dog Licensing
For more information on the S.A.Y. Lands Office, including Skowkale laws, click here.